- FRT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.5 million.
- FRT has traded 11.2239000000000004320099833421409130096435546875 options contracts today.
- FRT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FRT has a PE ratio of 65.
- FRT is mentioned 0.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- FRT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FRT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FRT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FRT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FRT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRT: Federal Realty Investment Trust operates as a real estate investment trust, which engages in the ownership, management, development, and redevelopment of retail and mixed-use properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. FRT has a PE ratio of 65. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Federal Realty Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Federal Realty Investment has been 430,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Federal Realty Investment has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.31 and a short float of 5.2% with 5.46 days to cover. Shares are up 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Federal Realty Investment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FRT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR increased its bottom line by earning $2.42 versus $2.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.79 versus $2.42).
- 42.15% is the gross profit margin for FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 23.98% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $43.55 million to $43.63 million.
- You can view the full Federal Realty Investment Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.