- PDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- PDS has traded 215,771 shares today.
- PDS is down 3.7% today.
- PDS was up 7.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PDS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PDS: Precision Drilling Corporation provides oil and natural gas drilling and related services and products. The company operates through two segments, Contract Drilling Services; and Completion and Production Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.3%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Precision Drilling a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Precision Drilling has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Precision has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 28.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Precision Drilling as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PRECISION DRILLING CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, PRECISION DRILLING CORP reported lower earnings of $0.12 versus $0.67 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 264.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $52.81 million to -$86.70 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, PRECISION DRILLING CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $61.05 million or 58.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 55.73%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 266.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Precision Drilling Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.