- EMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $233.6 million.
- EMR has traded 447,459 shares today.
- EMR traded in a range 208.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.23.
- EMR traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 77 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 77 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EMR: Emerson Electric Co. provides technology and engineering solutions to industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. It operates through five segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. EMR has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Emerson Electric has been 4.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $31.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.17 and a short float of 3.2% with 4.76 days to cover. Shares are down 21.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- EMERSON ELECTRIC CO's earnings per share declined by 18.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.03 versus $2.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.21 versus $3.03).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 16.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $499.00 million or 50.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Electrical Equipment industry average. The net income has decreased by 22.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $728.00 million to $564.00 million.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.