- AMAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.7 million.
- AMAG is up 4.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMAG: AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company that focuses on maternal health, anemia, and cancer supportive care. AMAG has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate AMAG Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for AMAG Pharmaceuticals has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AMAG has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 29.3% with 5.37 days to cover. Shares are down 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AMAG Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMAG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 399.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.68, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.43, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full AMAG Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.