NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL - Get Report) stock is rallying 1.19% to $120.92 on Monday due to the popularity of apps on Apple TV's app store, the tech giant's new indoor mapping system, and robust fourth quarter earnings.
According to 9to5Mac.com, which tracks Apple and its products, the most popular Apple TV products are games, including "Beat Sports," "SimpleX," and "Galaxy on Fire."
In comparison to iPhone and iPad apps, which are priced around $0.99, games can cost up to $10, Fortune noted.
Additionally, Apple's new app, called Indoor Survey, helps consumers find their location in a mall or a big venue, Engadget.com said. It could also be useful for business owners to locate product areas in their store.
However, the app is only available via a direct link since it's hidden from the App Search.
Additionally, the company last Tuesday reported strong fourth quarter 2015 earnings results that exceeded analysts' profit and revenue estimates.
Earnings came in at $1.96, above analysts' estimates of $1.88. Revenue was $51.5 billion, up from projections of $51.04 billion.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates APPLE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
We rate APPLE INC (AAPL) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- APPLE INC has improved earnings per share by 38.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APPLE INC increased its bottom line by earning $9.20 versus $6.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.89 versus $9.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Computers & Peripherals industry average. The net income increased by 31.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8,467.00 million to $11,124.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 25.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, APPLE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AAPL