- WY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.1 million.
- WY has traded 3.7 million shares today.
- WY traded in a range 205.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.10.
- WY traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 73 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 73 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WY: Weyerhaeuser Co. is a real estate investment trust. It primarily invests in United States. The firm operates under four business segments, timberlands, wood products, cellulose fibers and real estate. It owns timberlands primarily in the U.S and has long-term licenses in Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. WY has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Weyerhaeuser a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Weyerhaeuser has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Weyerhaeuser has a market cap of $15.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.56 days to cover. Shares are down 18.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Weyerhaeuser as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $366.00 million or 13.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WEYERHAEUSER CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -72.17%.
- WY, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, WEYERHAEUSER CO's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- WEYERHAEUSER CO's earnings per share declined by 39.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WEYERHAEUSER CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.38 versus $0.83 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 29.0% in earnings ($0.98 versus $1.38).
- You can view the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.