- ELY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.3 million.
- ELY has traded 159.342999999999989313437254168093204498291015625 options contracts today.
- ELY is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ELY has a PE ratio of 143.
- ELY is mentioned 1.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- ELY has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ELY is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ELY is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ELY is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ELY is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ELY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ELY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ELY: Callaway Golf Company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and sells golf clubs and balls. It offers drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. ELY has a PE ratio of 143. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Callaway Golf a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Callaway Golf has been 532,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Callaway has a market cap of $785.1 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 5.5% with 4.66 days to cover. Shares are up 29.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Callaway Golf as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ELY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ELY's share price has jumped by 28.73%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- CALLAWAY GOLF CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CALLAWAY GOLF CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.10 versus -$0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.15 versus $0.10).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Leisure Equipment & Products industry and the overall market, CALLAWAY GOLF CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $61.06 million or 12.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Callaway Golf Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.