- TRMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.9 million.
- TRMB has traded 773,912 shares today.
- TRMB traded in a range 538.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.66.
- TRMB traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 87 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 87 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRMB: Trimble Navigation Limited provides technology solutions to enhance the work processes of office and mobile field professionals worldwide. TRMB has a PE ratio of 39. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Trimble Navigation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trimble Navigation has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trimble Navigation has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.17 and a short float of 3.1% with 4.50 days to cover. Shares are down 29.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trimble Navigation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TRMB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.73 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD is rather high; currently it is at 57.43%. Regardless of TRMB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.42% trails the industry average.
- TRMB, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $96.80 million or 26.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Trimble Navigation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.