- SAVE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $148.7 million.
- SAVE has traded 528,088 shares today.
- SAVE is trading at 4.14 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SAVE is trading at a new high 3.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAVE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAVE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SAVE: Spirit Airlines, Inc. provides low-fare airline services. As of June 30, 2015, it operated approximately 360 daily flights to 57 destinations in the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America. SAVE has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Spirit Airlines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Spirit Airlines has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Spirit Airlines has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.07 and a short float of 4.8% with 0.76 days to cover. Shares are down 50.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Spirit Airlines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SAVE has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SPIRIT AIRLINES INC has improved earnings per share by 48.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SPIRIT AIRLINES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.06 versus $2.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.06 versus $3.06).
- 40.22% is the gross profit margin for SPIRIT AIRLINES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.89% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Spirit Airlines Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.