- AF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.6 million.
- AF traded 421,159 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:02 AM, representing 45.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AF: Astoria Financial Corporation operates as the holding company for Astoria Bank that provides various financial products and services to individuals and businesses in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. AF has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are no analysts that rate Astoria Financial Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Astoria Financial Corporation has been 699,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Astoria Financial has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 8.8% with 8.54 days to cover. Shares are up 31.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Astoria Financial Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 45.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.52% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average. The net income increased by 40.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $22.30 million to $31.43 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $19.70 million or 5.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ASTORIA FINANCIAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -139.24%.
- The gross profit margin for ASTORIA FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.99%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 23.39% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Astoria Financial Corporation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.