- MJN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $357.0 million.
- MJN traded 34,002 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:26 AM.
- MJN is up 5.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MJN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MJN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MJN: Mead Johnson Nutrition Company manufactures, distributes, and sells infant formulas, children's nutrition, and other nutritional products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. MJN has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Mead Johnson Nutrition a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mead Johnson Nutrition has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mead Johnson Nutrition has a market cap of $15.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 4.4% with 2.08 days to cover. Shares are down 21.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mead Johnson Nutrition as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO is rather high; currently it is at 67.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.87% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO's earnings per share declined by 16.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.54 versus $3.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.61 versus $3.54).
- MJN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Food Products industry average. The net income has decreased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $187.60 million to $155.20 million.
- You can view the full Mead Johnson Nutrition Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.