- CAVM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.5 million.
- CAVM is down 8.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAVM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAVM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAVM: Cavium, Inc. designs, develops, and markets semiconductor processors for intelligent and secure networks in United States and internationally. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Cavium a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cavium has been 738,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cavium has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 7.3% with 4.38 days to cover. Shares are up 16% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cavium as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CAVM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.58, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CAVIUM INC has improved earnings per share by 47.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAVIUM INC reported poor results of -$0.29 versus -$0.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.58 versus -$0.29).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $12.46 million or 27.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 27.26%, CAVIUM INC is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -84.30%.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CAVIUM INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Cavium Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.