- IDXX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.8 million.
- IDXX has traded 428,017 shares today.
- IDXX is trading at 27.81 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IDXX is trading at a new low 14.03% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDXX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDXX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IDXX: IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and distributes products and services primarily for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing, and dairy markets worldwide. IDXX has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate IDEXX Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for IDEXX Laboratories has been 633,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. IDEXX has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.59 and a short float of 10% with 14.66 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IDEXX Laboratories as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- IDEXX LABS INC has improved earnings per share by 9.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, IDEXX LABS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.78 versus $1.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.11 versus $1.78).
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $80.17 million or 1.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow IDEXX LABS INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.77%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 129.54 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, IDXX maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.72, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full IDEXX Laboratories Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.