- CTRP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $394.6 million.
- CTRP has traded 571,389 shares today.
- CTRP is down 4% today.
- CTRP was up 22.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTRP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTRP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CTRP: Ctrip.com International, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides travel services for hotel accommodations, transportation ticketing services, packaged tours, and corporate travel management in the People's Republic of China. CTRP has a PE ratio of 49. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Ctrip.com International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Ctrip.com International has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ctrip.com International has a market cap of $10.6 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 63.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ctrip.com International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CTRP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 46.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 46.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CTRP's share price has jumped by 27.31%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although CTRP had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The gross profit margin for CTRIP.COM INTL LTD is currently very high, coming in at 71.11%. Regardless of CTRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CTRP's net profit margin of 5.64% compares favorably to the industry average.
- CTRIP.COM INTL LTD reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CTRIP.COM INTL LTD reported lower earnings of $0.21 versus $1.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.7% in earnings ($0.20 versus $0.21).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, CTRIP.COM INTL LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ctrip.com International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.