- WGL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.7 million.
- WGL has traded 1,787 shares today.
- WGL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WGL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WGL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WGL: WGL Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, sells and delivers natural gas, and provides energy-related products and services. The company operates in four segments: Regulated Utility, Retail Energy-Marketing, Commercial Energy Systems, and Midstream Energy Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. WGL has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate WGL Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for WGL Holdings has been 282,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. WGL has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 4% with 9.82 days to cover. Shares are up 12.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WGL Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WGL's share price has jumped by 36.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Gas Utilities industry and the overall market, WGL HOLDINGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $207.20 million or 3.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WGL HOLDINGS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.65%.
- WGL HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 39.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WGL HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.05 versus $1.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $2.05).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.89, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.43 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full WGL Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.