- SUI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.9 million.
- SUI has traded 8,916 shares today.
- SUI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUI: Sun Communities, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It owns, operates, and develops manufactured housing communities in the midwestern, southern, and southeastern United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. SUI has a PE ratio of 124. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Sun Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Sun Communities has been 316,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sun has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.33 and a short float of 5.3% with 7.86 days to cover. Shares are up 16.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sun Communities as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SUN COMMUNITIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SUN COMMUNITIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.59 versus $0.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.93 versus $0.59).
- 37.70% is the gross profit margin for SUN COMMUNITIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SUI's net profit margin of 9.44% significantly trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 91.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.52% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, SUN COMMUNITIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sun Communities Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.