- ETR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.3 million.
- ETR is down 5.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ETR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ETR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ETR: Entergy Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the electric power production and retail electric distribution operations in the United States. It operates in two segments, Utility and Entergy Wholesale Commodities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.8%. ETR has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Entergy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Entergy has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Entergy has a market cap of $12.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.53 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are down 19.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Entergy as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its expanding profit margins. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENTERGY CORP's earnings per share declined by 20.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENTERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.22 versus $3.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.36 versus $5.22).
- ETR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ENTERGY CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.05%. Regardless of ETR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.66% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, ENTERGY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income has decreased by 20.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $194.28 million to $153.72 million.
- You can view the full Entergy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.