- LYB has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.03 mentions/day.
- LYB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $387.5 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LYB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LYB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LYB: LyondellBasell Industries N.V. operates as a manufacturer of chemicals and polymers, refiner of crude oil, producer of gasoline blending components, and developer and licensor of technologies for production of polymers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. LYB has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate LyondellBasell Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for LyondellBasell Industries has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. LyondellBasell has a market cap of $42.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 3.5% with 3.24 days to cover. Shares are up 19.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LyondellBasell Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV has improved earnings per share by 26.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV increased its bottom line by earning $7.97 versus $6.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.25 versus $7.97).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 12.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,178.00 million to $1,330.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LYB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.