- DV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.6 million.
- DV has traded 145,895 shares today.
- DV is trading at 7.18 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DV is trading at a new high 7.15% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DV: DeVry Education Group Inc. provides educational services worldwide. It operates through three segments: Medical and Healthcare; International and Professional Educational; and Business, Technology and Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. DV has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DeVry Education Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for DeVry Education Group has been 757,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. DeVry Education Group has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 23.3% with 25.54 days to cover. Shares are down 44.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DeVry Education Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, DV has a quick ratio of 1.57, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- DV, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.26 million or 366.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, DEVRY EDUCATION GROUP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full DeVry Education Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.