- CIT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.6 million.
- CIT is up 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CIT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CIT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CIT: CIT Group Inc. operates as the holding company for CIT bank that provides commercial financing and leasing products; and a suite of savings options in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. CIT has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate CIT Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for CIT Group has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CIT Group has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 4.8% with 5.59 days to cover. Shares are down 16% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CIT Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CIT GROUP INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CIT GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.29%. Regardless of CIT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.88% trails the industry average.
- CIT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CIT GROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 35.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CIT GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.73 versus $3.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 50.1% in earnings ($2.86 versus $5.73).
- The share price of CIT GROUP INC has not done very well: it is down 6.80% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full CIT Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.