- TER has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.4 million.
- TER has traded 860,969 shares today.
- TER is trading at 10.56 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TER is trading at a new high 4.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TER with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TER NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TER: Teradyne, Inc. provides automatic test equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. TER has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Teradyne a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Teradyne has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Teradyne has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 3.2% with 3.06 days to cover. Shares are down 7.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Teradyne as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 1.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $101.21 million to $102.88 million.
- TER has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.61, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for TERADYNE INC is rather high; currently it is at 61.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.06% trails the industry average.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Despite the weak revenue results, TER has outperformed against the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Teradyne Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.