- ALU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.9 million.
- ALU traded 445,365 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:55 AM, representing 10% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALU: Alcatel-Lucent provides Internet protocol (IP) and cloud networking, and ultra- broadband access worldwide. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Alcatel-Lucent a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alcatel-Lucent has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alcatel-Lucent has a market cap of $10.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alcatel-Lucent as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALCATEL-LUCENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ALCATEL-LUCENT continued to lose money by earning -$0.02 versus -$0.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.14 versus -$0.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 84.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$407.33 million to -$63.21 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALCATEL-LUCENT has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 85.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 55.32% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.30 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, ALU's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.05, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.