- EMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.2 billion.
- EMC traded 37,305 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- EMC is down 2.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EMC: EMC Corporation develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. EMC has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate EMC a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for EMC has been 21.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EMC has a market cap of $53.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 1.1% with 0.48 days to cover. Shares are down 6.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EMC as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 37.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.37, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.89 is weak.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,033.00 million or 17.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Computers & Peripherals industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 17.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $588.00 million to $487.00 million.
- You can view the full EMC Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.