- SXC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.6 million.
- SXC has traded 102,305 shares today.
- SXC is trading at 2.75 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SXC is trading at a new low 3.04% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SXC: SunCoke Energy, Inc. operates as an independent producer of coke in the Americas. The company offers metallurgical and thermal coal for use as a raw material in the blast furnace steelmaking process. It also provides coal handling and blending services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 10.3%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate SunCoke Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SunCoke Energy has been 939,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. SunCoke Energy has a market cap of $378.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 2.41 and a short float of 3% with 0.94 days to cover. Shares are down 71% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunCoke Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 552.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.60 million to -$23.50 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, SUNCOKE ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SUNCOKE ENERGY INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.96%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $6.40 million or 80.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.56 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SXC's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.14, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full SunCoke Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.