- CALM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.0 million.
- CALM has traded 20,575 shares today.
- CALM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CALM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CALM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CALM: Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. produces, grades, packages, markets, and distributes shell eggs. It offers specialty shell eggs, such as nutritionally enhanced, cage free, organic, and brown eggs under the Egg-Land's Best, Land O' Lake, Farmhouse, and 4-Grain brand names, as well as under private labels. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.9%. CALM has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Cal-Maine Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Cal-Maine Foods has been 877,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cal-Maine has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.45 and a short float of 32.2% with 7.51 days to cover. Shares are up 45.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cal-Maine Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CALM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CALM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CALM has a quick ratio of 2.17, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, CAL-MAINE FOODS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 44.95% is the gross profit margin for CAL-MAINE FOODS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.45% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Cal-Maine Foods Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.