- BCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $118.6 million.
- BCR has traded 207.62700000000000954969436861574649810791015625 options contracts today.
- BCR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BCR has a PE ratio of 42.
- BCR is mentioned 1.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- BCR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BCR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BCR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BCR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BCR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BCR: C. R. Bard, Inc. designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. BCR has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CR Bard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for CR Bard has been 639,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. CR Bard has a market cap of $13.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 1.9% with 2.27 days to cover. Shares are up 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CR Bard as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 54.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$119.40 million to -$54.70 million.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 35.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- BARD (C.R.) INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BARD (C.R.) INC reported lower earnings of $3.68 versus $8.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.07 versus $3.68).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BARD (C.R.) INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full CR Bard Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.