- PSA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.4 million.
- PSA has traded 429.5819999999999936335370875895023345947265625 options contracts today.
- PSA is making at least a new 3-day high.
- PSA has a PE ratio of 38.
- PSA is mentioned 1.61 times per day on StockTwits.
- PSA has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- PSA is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- PSA is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- PSA is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- PSA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PSA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PSA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PSA: Public Storage is an equity real estate investment trust. It engages in the acquisition, development, ownership, and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. PSA has a PE ratio of 38. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Public Storage a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Public Storage has been 639,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Public has a market cap of $37.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.28 and a short float of 2% with 4.31 days to cover. Shares are up 17.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Public Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.16% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PSA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PUBLIC STORAGE has improved earnings per share by 20.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PUBLIC STORAGE increased its bottom line by earning $5.25 versus $4.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.94 versus $5.25).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PUBLIC STORAGE is rather high; currently it is at 55.29%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 54.30% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $456.84 million or 15.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PUBLIC STORAGE's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 16.13%.
- You can view the full Public Storage Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.