- DXCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.6 million.
- DXCM has traded 699,272 shares today.
- DXCM is up 14% today.
- DXCM was down 6.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DXCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DXCM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DXCM: DexCom, Inc., a medical device company, focuses on the design, development, and commercialization of continuous glucose monitoring systems. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate DexCom a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for DexCom has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DexCom has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.36 and a short float of 2.5% with 1.45 days to cover. Shares are up 28.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DexCom as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, DEXCOM INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DEXCOM INC is currently very high, coming in at 73.61%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.96% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 164.51% to $16.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DEXCOM INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 28.91%.
- DXCM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.24, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 86.00% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in DXCM do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full DexCom Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.