- BLK has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 5.10 mentions/day.
- BLK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $254.0 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLK: BlackRock, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm primarily provides its services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. BLK has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate BlackRock a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackRock has been 791,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackRock has a market cap of $51.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.64 and a short float of 2.1% with 3.28 days to cover. Shares are down 11.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackRock as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 1.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $808.00 million to $819.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 44.85% is the gross profit margin for BLACKROCK INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.19% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $986.00 million or 34.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BLACKROCK INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -410.93%.
- BLACKROCK INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKROCK INC increased its bottom line by earning $19.26 versus $16.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($19.31 versus $19.26).
- You can view the full BlackRock Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.