- FE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.2 million.
- FE has traded 683,987 shares today.
- FE is trading at 4.96 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FE is trading at a new high 3.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FE: FirstEnergy Corp., through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the United States. The company operates through Regulated Distribution, Regulated Transmission, and Competitive Energy Services segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.6%. FE has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate FirstEnergy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for FirstEnergy has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FirstEnergy has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.30 and a short float of 2.3% with 2.79 days to cover. Shares are down 19.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FirstEnergy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 192.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $64.00 million to $187.00 million.
- FIRSTENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRSTENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $0.50 versus $0.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.65 versus $0.50).
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.82 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.27, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, FIRSTENERGY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.