- MEOH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.8 million.
- MEOH has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- MEOH traded in a range 254.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.82.
- MEOH traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 26 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 26 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MEOH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MEOH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MEOH: Methanex Corporation produces and supplies methanol in the Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and South America. It also purchases methanol produced by others under methanol offtake contracts and on the spot market. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. MEOH has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Methanex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Methanex has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Methanex has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are down 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Methanex as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.89, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.40, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- MEOH, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 19.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $82.14 million or 65.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry average. The net income has decreased by 16.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $124.78 million to $104.58 million.
- You can view the full Methanex Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.