- FNV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.7 million.
- FNV has traded 852.37300000000004729372449219226837158203125 options contracts today.
- FNV is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FNV has a PE ratio of 89.
- FNV is mentioned 1.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- FNV has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FNV is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FNV is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FNV is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FNV is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FNV: Franco-Nevada Corporation operates as a gold-focused royalty and stream company in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. FNV has a PE ratio of 89. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Franco-Nevada a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Franco-Nevada has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Franco-Nevada has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 4.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Franco-Nevada as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 47.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FNV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 27.24, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FRANCO-NEVADA CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The share price of FRANCO-NEVADA CORP has not done very well: it is down 11.55% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Franco-Nevada Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.