- COT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.7 million.
- COT has traded 277.970000000000027284841053187847137451171875 options contracts today.
- COT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- COT has a PE ratio of 6.
- COT is mentioned 1.13 times per day on StockTwits.
- COT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- COT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- COT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- COT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- COT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COT: Cott Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells beverages on behalf of retailers, brand owners, and distributors worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. COT has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Cott a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cott has been 618,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cott has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 1% with 1.68 days to cover. Shares are up 56.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cott as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 381.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.90 million to $16.60 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 155.74% to $75.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COTT CORP QUE has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.08%.
- 38.32% is the gross profit margin for COTT CORP QUE which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, COT's net profit margin of 2.12% significantly trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 133.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.54% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Cott Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.