- PETX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.1 million.
- PETX has traded 51,904 shares today.
- PETX is trading at 2.01 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PETX is trading at a new high 5.11% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PETX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PETX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PETX: Aratana Therapeutics, Inc., a development-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the licensing, development, and commercialization of biopharmaceutical products for the companion animals worldwide. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Aratana Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Aratana Therapeutics has been 445,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aratana has a market cap of $373.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.67 and a short float of 11.4% with 3.74 days to cover. Shares are down 53% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Aratana Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, ARATANA THERAPEUTICS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$8.80 million or 13.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ARATANA THERAPEUTICS has marginally lower results.
- ARATANA THERAPEUTICS has improved earnings per share by 28.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARATANA THERAPEUTICS reported poor results of -$1.31 versus -$0.23 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.9% in earnings (-$1.40 versus -$1.31).
- PETX, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ARATANA THERAPEUTICS is rather high; currently it is at 65.65%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3470.86% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Aratana Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.