- NVAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.0 million.
- NVAX traded 571,221 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:58 AM, representing 10.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVAX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVAX: Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage vaccine company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing recombinant nanoparticle vaccines and adjuvants. The company produces its vaccines using its proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Novavax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Novavax has been 5.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Novavax has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 12.4% with 5.19 days to cover. Shares are up 45.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novavax as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$17.86 million to -$20.64 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NOVAVAX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$12.32 million or 12.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- NOVAVAX INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOVAVAX INC reported poor results of -$0.36 versus -$0.31 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.8% in earnings (-$0.37 versus -$0.36).
- The gross profit margin for NOVAVAX INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.42%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -147.48% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Novavax Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.