- POM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.6 million.
- POM is up 3.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POM: Pepco Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. The company also distributes and supplies natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.6%. POM has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pepco Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pepco Holdings has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pepco has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.01 days to cover. Shares are down 12% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pepco Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- POM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $182.00 million or 34.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.16%.
- PEPCO HOLDINGS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.96 versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus $0.96).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income has remained constant at $53.00 million when compared to the same quarter one year ago.
- POM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.31% from its price level of one year ago. Despite the decline in its share price over the last year, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays compensate for this.
- You can view the full Pepco Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.