"Expedia is transforming itself with recent acquisitions and its tech infrastructure is creating a more profitable organization," analysts said.
Specifically, the firm pointed to the company's $1.6 billion completed acquisition of Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) .
The acquisition could bring $75 million in yearly cost synergies, according to Expedia, however, analysts believe that cost synergies could more than double that number.
Expedia shares are declining 0.64% to $119.11 in early morning trading on Monday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates EXPEDIA INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
We rate EXPEDIA INC (EXPE) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 404.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.21% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EXPE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- EXPEDIA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EXPEDIA INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.00 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.11 versus $3.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 403.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $89.37 million to $449.64 million.
- EXPE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 33.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, EXPEDIA INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EXPE