- STE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.5 million.
- STE has traded 270,320 shares today.
- STE traded in a range 222% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.83.
- STE traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 12 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 12 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STE: STERIS Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination control, microbial reduction, and procedural support products and services for healthcare, pharmaceutical, scientific, research, industrial, and governmental customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. STE has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Steris a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Steris has been 490,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Steris has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 11.3% with 15.28 days to cover. Shares are down 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Steris as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- STE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 34.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.63, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, STE has a quick ratio of 1.84, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- STERIS CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STERIS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.25 versus $2.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.26 versus $2.25).
- 46.99% is the gross profit margin for STERIS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.52% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Steris Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.