- NAVB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.7 million.
- NAVB has traded 262,238 shares today.
- NAVB is trading at 5.88 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NAVB is trading at a new high 3.32% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NAVB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NAVB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NAVB: Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a precision medicine company, focuses on the development and commercialization of precision diagnostics, therapeutics, and radiopharmaceutical agents. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Navidea Biopharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Navidea Biopharmaceuticals has been 722,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Navidea has a market cap of $349.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.34 and a short float of 21.1% with 21.02 days to cover. Shares are up 27.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Navidea Biopharmaceuticals as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 5.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$10.22 million to -$9.69 million.
- The gross profit margin for NAVIDEA BIOPHARMACEUTICALS is currently very high, coming in at 94.07%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -337.90% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$6.68 million or 20.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NAVIDEA BIOPHARMACEUTICALS has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.64%.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 45.98% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in NAVB do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- NAVIDEA BIOPHARMACEUTICALS has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, NAVIDEA BIOPHARMACEUTICALS continued to lose money by earning -$0.25 versus -$0.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.19 versus -$0.25).
- You can view the full Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.