- HCP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.9 million.
- HCP has traded 2.1 million shares today.
- HCP traded in a range 202.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.51.
- HCP traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 23 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 23 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCP: HCP, Inc. is an independent hybrid real estate investment trust. The fund invests in real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.1%. HCP has a PE ratio of 47. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate HCP a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCP has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCP has a market cap of $17.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.03 and a short float of 4.3% with 6.46 days to cover. Shares are down 14.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCP as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for HCP INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.34%. Regardless of HCP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 26.61% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $363.92 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite stable cash flow, HCP INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 16.09%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HCP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, HCP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.45% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full HCP Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.