- LGF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.9 million.
- LGF has traded 64,231 shares today.
- LGF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LGF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LGF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LGF: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. engages in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, channel platforms, and international distribution and sales activities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. LGF has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Lions Gate Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Lions Gate Entertainment has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lions Gate Entertainment has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 12% with 16.52 days to cover. Shares are up 22.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lions Gate Entertainment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CP's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CP increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $1.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.52 versus $1.24).
- 43.68% is the gross profit margin for LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LGF's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.94% trails the industry average.
- LGF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Lions Gate Entertainment Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.