- MLM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $139.5 million.
- MLM has traded 150,855 shares today.
- MLM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MLM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MLM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MLM: Martin Marietta Materials, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies aggregates products and heavy building materials for the construction industry in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. MLM has a PE ratio of 54. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Martin Marietta Materials a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Martin Marietta Materials has been 774,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Martin Marietta has a market cap of $11.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 7.2% with 6.19 days to cover. Shares are up 58.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Martin Marietta Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MLM's share price has jumped by 30.58%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MLM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Construction Materials industry average. The net income increased by 37.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $59.52 million to $81.94 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $91.94 million or 44.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 36.94%.
- MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS reported lower earnings of $2.53 versus $2.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.89 versus $2.53).
- You can view the full Martin Marietta Materials Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.