- RPTP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.6 million.
- RPTP has traded 657,534 shares today.
- RPTP is trading at 10.97 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RPTP is trading at a new low 4.06% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RPTP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RPTP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RPTP: Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and commercializing life-altering therapeutics that treat debilitating and often fatal diseases. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Raptor Pharmaceutical a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Raptor Pharmaceutical has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Raptor has a market cap of $976.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.29 and a short float of 18.1% with 4.36 days to cover. Shares are down 28.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Raptor Pharmaceutical as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$12.69 million to -$13.95 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, RAPTOR PHARMACEUTICAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RAPTOR PHARMACEUTICAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 90.34%. Regardless of RPTP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RPTP's net profit margin of -59.78% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- RPTP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.97 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 6.67 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$6.45 million or 18.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RAPTOR PHARMACEUTICAL CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.52%.
- You can view the full Raptor Pharmaceutical Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.