- CNW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.1 million.
- CNW traded 1.1 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:03 AM, representing 123.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNW: Con-way Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides transportation, logistics, and supply chain management services to various manufacturing, industrial, and retail customers in North America and internationally. It operates through three segments: Freight, Logistics, and Truckload. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. CNW has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Con-way a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Con-way has been 997,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Con-way has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 12% with 7.35 days to cover. Shares are down 26.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Con-way as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.61, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, CNW has a quick ratio of 1.52, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- CON-WAY INC's earnings per share declined by 18.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CON-WAY INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.36 versus $1.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $2.36).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, CON-WAY INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at the price performance of CNW's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 32.10%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it is one of the factors that makes this stock an attractive investment.
- You can view the full Con-way Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.