- SYNA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.2 million.
- SYNA has traded 128,951 shares today.
- SYNA is down 3.1% today.
- SYNA was up 6.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYNA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYNA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYNA: Synaptics Incorporated develops, markets, and sells intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide. SYNA has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Synaptics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Synaptics has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Synaptics has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.65 and a short float of 13.7% with 6.94 days to cover. Shares are up 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Synaptics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYNA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 52.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SYNA has a quick ratio of 1.62, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SYNAPTICS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- SYNAPTICS INC's earnings per share declined by 10.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNAPTICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.84 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.97 versus $2.84).
- 43.53% is the gross profit margin for SYNAPTICS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SYNA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SYNA's net profit margin of 6.54% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.