- NSR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.7 million.
- NSR has traded 60,859 shares today.
- NSR is trading at 2.66 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NSR is trading at a new high 3.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NSR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NSR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NSR: NeuStar, Inc. provides real-time information services and analytics worldwide. The company serves marketing and security functions in the communications, financial services, media and advertising, retail and e-commerce, Internet, and technology industries. NSR has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates NeuStar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for NeuStar has been 626,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. NeuStar has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 47.7% with 42.39 days to cover. Shares are down 6.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NeuStar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NEUSTAR INC has improved earnings per share by 31.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, NEUSTAR INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.77 versus $2.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.45 versus $2.77).
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.19, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the IT Services industry. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.80 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- NSR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.61% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NEUSTAR INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full NeuStar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.