- FRAN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.8 million.
- FRAN has traded 103,453 shares today.
- FRAN is trading at 4.23 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FRAN is trading at a new low 4.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRAN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRAN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRAN: Francesca's Holdings Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates a chain of retail boutiques. It offers fashion apparel, jewelry, accessories, and gifts primarily for women between the ages of 18 and 35. FRAN has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Francescas Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Francescas Holdings has been 790,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Francescas has a market cap of $542.1 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.11 and a short float of 13.9% with 6.17 days to cover. Shares are down 23.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Francescas Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FRAN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FRAN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, FRAN has a quick ratio of 1.93, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for FRANCESCAS HOLDINGS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 51.27%. Regardless of FRAN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.62% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $8.56 million to $7.24 million.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, FRAN has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.24% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full Francescas Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.