- EFOI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.6 million.
- EFOI has traded 169,757 shares today.
- EFOI is trading at 2.71 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EFOI is trading at a new high 4.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EFOI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EFOI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EFOI: Energy Focus, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and installs energy-efficient lighting systems and solutions in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments, Products and Solutions. EFOI has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Energy Focus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Energy Focus has been 337,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Energy Focus has a market cap of $248.8 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of -1.63 and a short float of 2% with 0.12 days to cover. Shares are up 384.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Energy Focus as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EFOI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 148.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EFOI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, EFOI has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- ENERGY FOCUS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ENERGY FOCUS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.03 versus -$1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.64 versus -$1.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 439.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.62 million to $2.11 million.
- 46.24% is the gross profit margin for ENERGY FOCUS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.70% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Energy Focus Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.