- BLFS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.9 million.
- BLFS has traded 488,034 shares today.
- BLFS is trading at 6.27 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BLFS is trading at a new high 6.18% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLFS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLFS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLFS: BioLife Solutions, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets patented hypothermic storage and cryopreservation solutions for cells and tissues in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate BioLife Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for BioLife Solutions has been 357,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. BioLife has a market cap of $24.7 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of -3.00 and a short float of 3.2% with 0.08 days to cover. Shares are up 67.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BioLife Solutions as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS INC's earnings per share declined by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS INC reported poor results of -$0.32 versus -$0.14 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 9.4% in earnings (-$0.35 versus -$0.32).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$1.23 million or 40.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, BLFS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.90% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 12.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$0.88 million to -$1.00 million.
- You can view the full BioLife Solutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.