- DO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.2 million.
- DO has traded 63,034 shares today.
- DO is down 3.5% today.
- DO was up 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DO: Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. provides contract drilling services to the energy industry worldwide. The company provides services in floater market, such as ultra-deepwater, deepwater, and mid-water; and non-floater or jack-up market. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. Currently there are no analysts that rate Diamond Offshore Drilling a buy, 10 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Diamond Offshore Drilling has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 26.8% with 4.80 days to cover. Shares are down 37.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Diamond Offshore Drilling as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 0.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $89.71 million to $90.39 million.
- 43.35% is the gross profit margin for DIAMOND OFFSHRE DRILLING INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.25% is above that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that DO's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.61, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, DIAMOND OFFSHRE DRILLING INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $40.28 million or 37.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Diamond Offshore Drilling Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.